Residence Design Trends to watch out for in 2022
2021 was a great year for design. We saw a gigantic shift in the approach towards design and how spaces are viewed. The outlook changed from being focused on aesthetics to being more functional and clutter-free. Designers started integrating sustainability in their process, moving towards a greener paradigm.
Let’s take a look at some of the design trends projected for the upcoming year and what all we leave behind-
1. Multi-functional Spaces- Gone are the days when separate rooms were created for specific purposes and hardly found use throughout the year. As the design is moving towards practicality, optimizing each space to serve various purposes is in vogue. Making the most of each corner of the house, whether by using flexible furniture layouts or creating versatile activity areas is going to be an important interior design trend of 2022.
2. Sustainable and eco-friendly decor - Sustainability is a rapidly growing approach as more and more designers incorporate green strategies in their designs. It has not only proven to reduce substantial expenses at a later stage but also has a positive impact on the surroundings. The use of natural materials like bricks and stone on the exterior and eco-friendly decor made of jute, reclaimed wood, and recycled metal will be in demand in the upcoming year.
3. Patterns and Textures - Going bold is also going to be a trend in 2022. A shift has been seen in accepting bold colors from the usual beige and gray tones that frequented residences. Colors and patterns exude boldness and optimism and give a sense of amusement to a space. There is a resurgence in the use of floral prints in upholstery or wallpapers after years which goes well with vintage aesthetics.
4. Home Offices - Integrating home offices has become a regular thing this year and will continue to be so. Home offices come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from a dedicated room furnished with office furniture to a small desk by the window. While designing a home office, many factors should be taken into accounts, such as location, natural light, and storage requirements. Check out backlink for tips to set up your own home office.
5. Warm minimalism - It is a known fact that minimalism has a positive impact on a space. It enhances the quality of life and helps to keep the mind focussed. Designers are aware of its importance and keep finding innovative ways to incorporate it. With the use of limited materials, a neutral color palette, and textures, one can achieve a minimal look for their residence.
6. Curves - Curvy furniture is making a comeback in 2022 to provide an ultra-modern look to a space. Curves are timeless and emanate comfort and coziness in a space. They include everything ranging from a c-shape sofa to a center table with rounded edges or arch-shaped windows. They create a welcoming atmosphere and instill lightness in the interiors of a residence.
7. Green Interiors - In the past two years, being locked inside made people realize the importance of the outdoors. Hence, incorporating greens inside homes has become a huge trend and one that is here to stay. A small balcony garden or dotting the residence with potted plants are a few ways to integrate nature into your home. Plants will not only complement and enhance the decor of a space but also help in purifying the air.
8. Colors Inspired by nature - Another way to bring the outdoors inside is through the use of nature-inspired colors. Using neutral earthen tones and greens and browns are key ways to do so. Fabric with patterns of flora and fauna can be used in conjunction with wooden furniture to bring the organic element to a space. These colors work best with a minimalist design approach to create serene interiors.